September 21 - 23, 2020
JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, Scottsdale
Day 1: Embracing Change & Uncertainty: Thriving In The Unknown
Monday, September 21st, 2020
9:20 AM Workshop 1: Failures & Successes: Finding The Keys To Unlock A Successful Partnership With Consultants
Consulting firms have unique and different offerings to their clients. They sell their services based on relationships in the field, a deep understanding of the needs of their clients, and deliver value by maximizing the output and performance of their most critical resources – their people. As procurement leans on consultants more and more, how can procurement convey the needs of their business’s strategic goals to external parties effectively? During this workshop, we’ll practice:
- What strategies are used when hiring a consultant
- How much information should you be providing to these third parties?
- Appreciating the value of outside perspective. Understanding what work they can/can’t do? When should they advise?
- Getting an opinion versus completely outsourcing
- Common challenges procurement faces
- How procurement resources should be managed to drive maximum ROI to the business
It happens. Companies are bought and sold each and every day. Anyone who has dealt with this knows how laborious and expensive this process can be. It’s important to be strategic in how this is approached. So what do you do? Join this workshop to find the best ways to deliver procurement synergies as a result of the deal while navigating this troublesome terrain.
- Impact on negotiations, contracts and agreements
- Relationship shift with suppliers
- Procurement role during due diligence
- Pre Close/Post Close
- Communication across departments
Zero Based Budgeting is a repeatable process to create a sustainable form of cost management. But it starts with a company’s willingness to develop this mindset. This approach can revolutionize how your team operates on a daily basis, so it’s essential to have their mapped out, if it’s right for your organization. During this workshop, you’ll get the chance to start at the beginning and work to see how ZBB can work for you. Join this session to:
- Look at price stand point, consumption standpoint, and process standpoint.
- Train to get up to speed on ZBB
- Starting at zero and asking what do you really need?
- Justifying every dollar
AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY INCLUDE:
- Per unit saving opportunity not
- Software licenses
- Expendables for employees
9:20 AM Workshop 4: Supplier Relationship Management Made Easy: Onboarding new Suppliers, Pulling Data & Managing Records:
How is everyone else doing it? What solutions do they use? How did they get people to part with information they don’t want to part with? What does a well-managed, well maintained supplier database need to look like in 2020? These questions are vital to growing key relationships with suppliers. Enhancing your relationships are top of mind again for this year, so let’s get cracking!
- Vetting suppliers
- Score-carding suppliers
- Proactive approach to partnerships
Believe it or not, there’s cost savings in this initiatives. Having KPIs for suppliers and future suppliers is one way. The concern over sustainability has grown with the new decade as well. Failing to embrace this initiative can cause companies to fall behind competitors as studies show consumers prefer businesses that hit this initiative. Procurement stands to impact your organization to ensure your company’s reputation remains intact. This workshop will help you align this initiatives as a core business value, institute easy policies, tailor RFPs and create a roadmap to engage and suppliers to hit your company’s goals.
Have you prepared for the worst? Tariffs, geopolitical uncertainty, pandemics, rules/regulations, taxes are constantly changing. Have you thought this all through? How many of your suppliers are located in parts of the world and what are you doing to prepare for the times to come in todays world with things you cannot foresee? This panel aims to provide insight and strategies for how to navigate these worries.
- What procurement can do when risk impacts key suppliers around the globe
- Ensuring supply chain and services continuing when issues arise
- What labor looks like during these times. environment
- Turning disruptions into benefits